December 29, 2013

52*52 Baked Eggs with Ham and Cheese

Can you believe that today is the last Sunday in 2013?
2014 will be here in 3 days already...

I won't bore you with a long review of the year but let me say that it's been a fun one when it comes to baking.
But I won't continue in 2014. Other things await that need my full attention in 2014 (please visit www.sarahbucher.ch if you are curious).
Plus - it's time to lose at least some of the weight that I gained from all those cakes and cookies ;)

I hope you're not too disappointed if I end the year (and this blog, at least for now) with a pretty simple and savory baking recipe. But I think it is fitting for a new direction. And it is a very good recipe to have at hand for breakfast and brunch guests (I made it on Christmas morning last year and this year again), as a hangover cure, or just as a small, quick, and comforting meal.

Baked Eggs with Ham and Cheese
From Two Tarts

For each serving you need:
1-2 slices of raw/dry-cured ham
1 egg
1 teaspoon heavy cream
1 teaspoon grated cheese
pepper

  • Put one or two slices of ham in a ramekin so that the bottom and sides are covered.
  • Crack one egg over the ham. Drizzle with cream, sprinkle with cheese, season with pepper. (No salt is needed because the ham is salty enough).
  • Bake in preheated oven at 190°C (375°F) for 10-12 minutes. Serve immediately.
My modifications:
I used a bit less cream and cheese than in the original recipe because I think 1 teaspoon each is enough.

The taste:
So good, so comforting, so filling. And so quick and easy. 
Definitely something to make more often.

How do you end the year? Any specific recipes you make?

No comments:

Post a Comment