January 6, 2013

1*52 Fluffy Eggnog Cake

Happy New Year to all my readers! I hope it started well for everyone!

My 2013 started with my Grandma's 91st birthday. I think I already mentioned that she loooooves eggnog so of course I had to make her an eggnog cake.


Oh yeah, and I changed my mind about this blog. I will just start all over again and continue baking my way through the 52 weeks of 2013. I know. I must be crazy...

Fluffy Eggnogg Cake
Adapted from Hungry Little Girl

200 g (1 cup) sugar
114 g (1 stick) butter, softened
3 tablespoons sour cream
200 ml (3/4 cup) eggnog
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
280 g (2 cups) flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
75 g (1/2 cup) hazelnuts, roughly chopped
  • Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
  • Mix together sugar, butter, sour cream, eggnog, vanilla, and egg until fluffy.
  • Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until just combined.
  • Pour batter into prepared 20 cm (8 in) baking pan.
  • Combine brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over batter. Top with hazelnuts.
  • Bake for 35-40 minutes. Let cool completely before serving.
  • Pour some eggnog over each piece just before serving if you wish.

My modifications:
I omitted 1 teaspoon of rum extract, because I'm not the biggest fan of it.

The taste:
So fluffy and moist and yummy and hazelnutty!

How did you start 2013? Any special recipes you made?

No comments:

Post a Comment